The only requirement to joining the Independence Center is to be an adult age 18+ and have an ongoing mental illness. If you are interested in learning more about how we can help you, please contact us to set up an appointment with a case manager today.
INDEPENDENCE means to be strong in one’s SELF:
Social effectiveness, among family, extended support system, employer, or community
Empowerment to rise above apparent restrictions of mental illness or other natural barriers
Longevity in progress and consistent motivation to seek higher achievements
Functioning ability, whether cognitive, domestic, vocational, emotional or communal
OUR VISION is to provide adults with mental disabilities who seek the opportunity to be productive members of society the tools they need to achieve their goals in independence.
To that end, the Independence Center endeavors to provide quality rehabilitative programs, vocational training, and other support services that allow for reintegration into full social functioning, serving effected individuals and their community. It is our goal to develop a skilled, dedicated work force that embodies a strong ethic and harnesses positive momentum in order to achieve a lifestyle shift, and in turn, greatness in independence.
To be referred for membership the referral application must be completed and signed.
Referrals from other community agencies require a current, detailed psychosocial history, a current psychiatric assessment, and a signed release.
Considerations for membership for every applicant will include:
1. Is the applicant at least 18 years of age?
2. Does the applicant have a primary presenting problem due to with persistent mental illness?
3. Is the applicant interested in attending and be an active part of Independence Center?
4. Is the applicant able to get to the Independence Center regularly?
5. Does the applicant pose a threat to the Independence Center's community?
6. If the applicant has a history of substance abuse, is (s)he sober or able to maintain sobriety
at the Independence Center and on any of the Independence Center's sponsored community